When you contribute your unique voice and talents to life at the Library, you’re helping shape your community, and having a real impact on people’s lives.
And, we’re here to support you! As a volunteer, you’ll receive an orientation, training, and the tools you need to succeed in your role.
Share your time and expertise. Meet new people and connect with your community. We’re looking for volunteers to lend a hand with a variety of programs.
See if one of these opportunities might be a good fit for you:
- Shelving books, movies, and magazines
- Shelf reading
- Book mending/cleaning
- Program assistance
- Craft preparation for children
- Delivery for Home Patrons (Extension Services)
- Annual Survey Week assistance
- Teen Volunteer Opportunities
- Readers are Leaders program for children (English & French)
- English as a Second Language (ESL chat group)
- Student Community Service Hours for educational requirements
- Student unpaid Cooperative Education (co-op) Placements
- College/University student unpaid Field Placements
- Performance under Community Service Orders.
Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer at the Pembroke Public Library.
You’ll need to apply to volunteer, and attend an interview. You’ll also need to complete a Criminal Records Check, and a Vulnerable Sector check, before you start volunteering. To waive the charge for the Police Record Check the Library will provide a letter stating the request for volunteering at the Library.
Call (613) 732-8844 ext. 1