Starting on Thursday, August 27, 2020 we will be offering appointments Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. for Children’s Department Material selection. To book an appointment please call (613)-732-8844 ext.1. Please note appointments will not be made through email or Facebook.
Pembroke Public Library is providing limited in-house services to the public. Restrictions are be applied to ensure the health and safety of Library staff and patrons during these visits. No reading, lounging or gatherings will be permitted in the Library at this time.
Our in-house services will be limited to computer use and materials selection.
For this reason, we strongly recommend our curbside pickup service for materials selection and printing services. Send us your requests by phone, email or through our catalog and we will prepare your items for pick-up.
Patrons with temporary Library memberships will have until September 30, 2020 to come in to the Library and validate the library account. Please see Membership Information for details.
If you know the exact items you want to borrow, place a reserve by phone, email or online.
If you do not know the exact items you want, give us a call or send us an email telling us about your favourite genres, topics or authors and we will prepare materials based on your interests.
To reserve library materials by phone or email
- Call: 613-732-8844 ext. 1, or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To reserve library materials online
- Go to: https://pembroke.insigniails.com/Library/Home
- Click Login from the top menu.
- User ID: Your full library card number (14 digits, no spaces)
- Password: Your last name (no capitals)
Returning Library Items
- All loans have been extended until August 28, 2020. Renew or return your materials before 5:00 p.m. August 28 to avoid fines. After this date patron accounts will accrue fines for late returns.
- All library returns are to be placed in the outdoor drop boxes. Staff will not accept returns at the door nor in the Library.
- Drop boxes are now open 24/7.
Visiting the Library – What You Need to Know
- In accordance with Renfrew County District Health Unit and Pembroke Public Library OP-02-Safety, Security and Emergencies in the Library Policy, visitors will be required to wear a face mask, bandana, or face shield during a Library visit.
- Please remember to bring your Pembroke Public Library card to your visit.
- Upon entering the library, visitors will be requested to sanitize their hands at the provided sanitation station.
- Washrooms will not be available for public use at this time.
- There will be absolutely no eating or drinking in the library at this time.
- There will be no lounging, reading or gatherings in the library at this time.
- No newspapers will be available at this time.
- Patron use of the Library phone will not be available at this time.
- Children in the Library under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult., as per the Pembroke Public Library OP-10-Children in the Library Policy. All children must remain with a parent at all times.
- Children’s material selection appointments can be booked Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Appointments will be booked phone only at (613)-732-8844.
- At this time the Library is not hosting any regular or special Adult Department or Children’s and Teens Department programs.
- Please respect and follow social distancing measures while inside and outside the Library.
Computer Appointments (Monday or Friday)
- Computer appointments will be available Mondays and Fridays, with the earliest appointment starting at 10:30 a.m. and the latest ending at 4:30 p.m.
- Call the library during operating hours (10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) to request a computer appointment.
- Requests for computer appointments will NOT be accepted through Facebook nor through email.
- If you do not have a library membership, you will be asked to provide your name and phone number.
- Appointment date and time will be confirmed by a library staff member.
- There will be no early admissions for computer appointments.
- Computer appointments will be a maximum of 55 minutes in duration. 5 minutes will be allocated to cleaning and preparing the computer station for the next use.
- While at the computers, visitors will be asked to wear a face mask, bandana or protective shield.
- A maximum of 3 public access computers will be made available each hour. Please respect social distancing while at computer stations.
- Patrons will be limited to 1 computer session per week in order to provide equal opportunities for all patrons to access Library computers.
- Patrons may only book 1 computer appointment at a time.
- At this point, limited and remote computer assistance will be available. Staff will not provide any physical assistance at the computer stations. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Printing services will be provided with staff assistance and payment will be made at the circulation desk. Patron automated printing will not be available at this time. Printing fees apply see Printing & Wireless Printing.
Material Loan Visits (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday)
- Material loan visits will be available Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday hours will be shifted starting Thursday August 27th and will be from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Patrons will be asked to be quick and courteous while selecting materials for loan and will have no more than 30 minutes to access the physical library space.
- A total of 8 visitors will be permitted entry to the library at one time.
- Please bring your library card and a selection list of materials in order to accelerate the retrieval process.
- If you pull an item from the shelf that you do not wish to borrow do not return it to the shelf. Instead, place it on one of the book carts provided.
- If you need to make a payment we highly encourage you to use interact, tap if possible. However, we are still accepting cash.