We are pleased to announce interlibrary loan will be up and running on July 2.
Donations to help cover shipping costs are gratefully accepted!
Pembroke Public Library Offers Interlibrary Loan
If our library does not have what you are looking for ask us about getting it supplied from another library…
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Any borrowed book or item that comes from another library outside of the Pembroke Public Library system is considered an interlibrary loan. Patrons must check the Pembroke Public Library’s catalogue first to determine if the item is available from our collection prior to making an interlibrary loan request to borrow from other libraries.
Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
Once you’re sure that our library does not have the item you’re looking for, you can request an interlibrary loan.
How do I request an Interlibrary Loan?
You can place a request through library staff at the main circulation desk OR you can use Patron Self Serve Interlibrary Loan to place your request yourself from the library, work, school, home … anywhere, anytime at your convenience.
What is Patron Self Serve Interlibrary Loan?
It is the patron interface to INFO, the provincial Interlibrary Loan network that the Pembroke Public Library belongs to.
How can I sign up?
Library users must first possess a valid library card and have an Interlibrary Loan patron record created in the INFO system by our staff. To register, visit us in person, or provide your full name, address, home phone number and library card number in an email to our Interlibrary Loan office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I log on to the patron access interlibrary loan system; how do I use it?
At the top of this page click on “INFO Ontario” graphic. Users need to sign in with a User ID, password and Authentication Service supplied by our Interlibrary Loan office when you registered for self service.
What if I don’t find what I am looking for in the INFO system?
From the Interlibrary Loan page on our website, select the Interlibrary Loan Request option and fill in the form which will be sent to library staff for processing. You will be contacted if additional information is needed regarding your request or to approve service charges.
How long does it take to fulfill a request?
This varies depending on the availability of the requested item. Many requests are filled in as little as a few days. Harder to procure items could take up to six weeks or longer.
How can I monitor the progress of my requests?
You can view the status of your request by looking at “My Requests” on the side-bar of the page to know when it has been processed, shipped and received. You can also observe if your interlibrary loan request has been cancelled because the item is located in the Pembroke library or the policies of the lending library prohibit loan. If there is any problem with your request library staff will alert you. Please do not resubmit your request.
How will I be notified that my material is available?
Patron notification will take place once the item has been received at the library where the patron is registered. Library staff will inform the patron by telephone/e-mail. Prompt pick-up ensures that you will have the maximum borrowing time.
How do I renew a borrowed item due date?
You can not renew a due date on line. You must contact library staff to request a renewal of the loan period. Please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at our library.
Getting Started with Patron Self Serve Interlibrary Loan
- Click on the Info Ontario link at the top of this page, or use https://info.vdxhost.com/en/zportal/ and select English or French.
- Select Sign In and enter your User ID and password as provided by the Interlibrary Loan office.
- Choose Pembroke Public Library as your library location from the Authentication Service menu.
- Select Standard or Advanced Search.
- Note Current Profile drop down menu – You will use these search profiles to do your searching.
- Select Pembroke as your initial search profile.
- Enter keywords from the title, and/or author. No matches from the first profile? Select a different profile and so on, moving through all the profiles if necessary.
- Select Details to verify this is the item you want.
- Select Get it! to place a request. Item details are automatically entered in the interlibrary loan form.
- Complete the form by selecting your preferred Pickup Location from the drop down menu at the bottom of the form. Click Submit to send your request.
- There is no need to print the request. You can view your requests at any time using the My Requests link. Sign Out when you are finished.
- Please Note – A more comprehensive “take home” User Guide is available from library staff or on the library website.
Phone: 613-732-8844 ext. 2