Home Delivery (Extension Services)
How does it work?
- Library patrons can sign up to have library materials delivered. Whether you only require this service temporary, seasonally, or long term, the Pembroke Public Library offers this program year round.
- Tell us your general “likes” and “dislikes”, and a library staff member will find you suitable author read alikes (books in the same genre or style of writing).
- If you have a particular series in mind, and it’s not on the shelf at Pembroke Public Library, we can use our inter-library loan service to acquire the rest of the books in the series for you.
- Keep in touch with the librarians and send us your book request lists with new or upcoming book recommendations.
Tell us how many items you would like to receive.
The delivery and pick-up of items are done by library volunteers. Delivery dates for homebound patrons and all other organizations differ. Contact the library for the next available delivery date. Call 613-732-8844 x1 and ask for Janet or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No late fees when you’re part of the Extension Service Program!
Damaged Materials Charges
FULL replacement cost for lost or damaged items. You are still responsible to pay for any damaged material charges.
Delivery to Community Organizations
The Extension Service program currently delivers to these community organizations:
Pinewood Retirement Residence, Miramichi Lodge, Pembroke Heritage Manor, The Shalom Residence and Caritas Residence.
Sign up your organization today!
If you are a Recreational/Activity Manager at a local Retirement Residence you can arrange a special delivery with a custom pre-selection orders for your clients.
Library Material you can request:
Regular Print Books
- Fiction books
(Romance, Historical, Westerns, Fantasy, etc.)
- Non-fiction books
(Medical, Scientific, Biographies, etc.)
Large Print books are available in both fiction and non-fiction.
French Books available in fiction and non-fiction.
Magazines regular print and Reader’s Digest Magazine in Large print format.
Audio Books on CD
- Fiction and non-fiction selection available in audio format.
- When registered with CELA, you have access to their collection of audiobooks.
DVD’s and VHS
- Fiction DVD’s and VHS
(Comedy, Romance, Westerns, Adventure, Science-fiction, War, Classics, and Musicals)
- Non-fiction DVD’s
(Biographies, Nature, Travel, and Concerts)
- Classical, Blues, Christmas, Pop, Rock, Musicals, etc.
®A partner of CNIB
We’re now registering library patrons with CELA for access to the CELA collections for Canadians with print disabilities. The Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) acquires, produces, and distributes published works in alternative formats to library patrons. Ask for more details. Call 613-732-8844 x1 and ask for Janet. Or email email@example.com